Marriage Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Ectopic Pregnancy

Last Thursday i was diagnosed with ectopic pregnancy. I was having a diarrhea and bad stomach cramp earlier in the morning and went to the clinic to get some medications and MC. But then when the doctor scanned my tummy (ultrasound) she found out that there is no baby inside my uterus, but it was somewhere outside the uterus.

Ectopic pregnancy occurs when an embryo implants somewhere other than the uterus, such as in one of the fallopian tubes.

Suddenly the doctor sort of panicked and called an ambulance, and i was taken to the nearest hospital emergency department. Later in the evening i was pushed to the operation theater, drugged by the anesthetic and the surgeon performed 'laparoscopy' to remove the embryo from the tube. It all happens so quickly but i am thankful that my husband is there when i need him the most :")

When I was in the OT, all i could do was recite Doa Nabi Yunus & selawat and kept repeating until i fell dozed off. I did not felt anything during the whole surgery process, which is good because if i did feel anything, i think it would scare the heck out of me! The surgery took around 3 hours and when i woke up, i was still very sleepy and continue to sleep.

I am quite sad that i loss my 7 weeks baby, but things always happens for a reason. Today is 5 days post surgery and i am still recovering. Praying for a speedy recovery!




laparoscopy


Like a rainbow after the rain, there's always a good thing after the pain InsyaAllah.

Nuffnang